Tuesday, January 4, 2011

thngs that make you go hmmmmm

talk about reality tv.

when we were young, my sisters cori and ann marie, along with our best pal gary sujeta sat on his mom's bed, eating apples and watched hitchcock's scary movie "the birds". (they had a color tv, we did not.) if i remember black birds and seagulls fell out of the sky appearing to be dead, only then they seemed to come back to life and pluck out peoples eyes and peck at their heads. very scary indeed. and didn't something like this happen on the tv series "flashforward"? too bad it was canceled before we found out why things were happening? or maybe the show was too close to reality and that's why it was canceled. hmmmm

i don't know about anyone else but i'm not feeling, or maybe i'm just hoping cause i'm not ready, like it is the end of the world even though birds are dropping from the sky and fish are floating belly up. ( ewwwww! ) guess i should be glad i'm not a red winged blackbird!

5 comments:

Tatiana said...

That's just weird. Especially the birds dying in mid-flight.

Anonymous said...

I remember "The Birds" - scary indeed! And I saw the news last night about dead fish and dead birds. What's this world coming to? I vote we go back to the days of black and white TV. It's a nice thought anyway ....

coriconnors said...

I'm with Fran. Bring back the Black and White TV. And mindless apple chewing while watching Hitchcock with Suj!
I, too, am glad you are not a red winged blackbird!
ps- groovy new blog format!

Living La Vida Larsen said...

Love the new look Libs!!!
OK - my weirdness cometh forth - The only two things I liked about the birds were- Suzanne Pleshette because she had my name and - the cool sound of the name Tippy Headron!!! Forget the birds - it was all about the women!!! Although I was not too crazy about the little girl --- see I can't even remember her name!

Anyway - I Heart Alfred Hitchcock - one strange bird!!!!hahahahaha

Ann Marie said...

That movie still scares me and so do birds flying around in a room...shudder, shudder...but remember too going to see Gone With the Wind at the theatre and taking a whole bag of bubble gum and bawling so much that our sweet gum turned salty...such great times...such great sisters...such great memories!!