
i have given myself numerous reasons justifying this purchase. some are good, some not so good. yes the money could have been used for much wiser purposes. but what the heck, i wanted it. so happy early birthday me! when i am older, because i already am old, i can sit in a tent under the 4th street viaduct and make myself happy while trying to still learn to play the dang thing.
besides - gram said it was ok if i bought it! and ... it will be fun years down the road in history to look down from heaven, hope i'm there, and hear one of the grandkids say "yes, i remember my dear old decrepit spinster auntie trying to play that thing!" ahh sweet memories :O
post script: when i told gram that i did indeed buy the ukulele she said, with a very big smile, "oh good, now you can learn to play it!" gotta love that gram.
4 comments:
i love that gram too! and i love you! and i MISS all of you!
G-D-G-D-G
Chords to Flies in the Buttermilk.
G-D-G-C-G-D-G-C
Chords to Lion Sleeps Tonight.
Gonna be SO MUCH FUN AT YOUR HOUSE!!!
(And NOW...ta.da...here are the chords to Edelweiss G-D-G-C-G-Em-C-D etc)
Oh...and just in case...One Tine Soldier C-G-Am-Em-F-C-F-G etc.)
...and when you learn you can teach me...I'm sooooo glad you got it. I sure do love you!!
Yay!!! I'm excited to see it!
I suppose me buying a Lanikai mahogany tenor ukulele was probably not the best way for me to save up money for life (for whenever life happens)...but it has brought many a good time! Helped me and several children survive 26 hour bus rides to and from Utah! I just got a cute tweed hard case for my uke!
You should have mom teach you how to play her first song the one with "Alice, the rabbit, the king and the queen"
Post a Comment