was it a song of spring?
yesterday i saw a yellow crocus popping out of the dull brown earth. (i love the color of dirt but this was unturned earth, packed down by heavy snows and not really pretty). a basket of lovely primroses help to brighten our kitchen table and it probably won't be long before the daffodils and tulips start growing as well.
i know that more snows will come, and this warm weather is just a teaser. but for now, i shall enjoy the lovely gift of the hint of spring.
epilogue: winter must have stalked my blog for she has decided to show her power and has snowed this very evening. but not to worry - the sturdy crocus can last through a storm or two...i suppose i can too! fie on you winter, spring will be here soon.
3 comments:
I worked in my yard today! It was lovely! I know that it won't last forever but I will treasure it!!
I was peeking in my flowerbeds for signs of any tulips or daffodils and then I thought, "I'm searching way to early." It was a nice thought though.
Poor Winter, she has worn out her welcome with most of us. Spring is always the shiny new toy. I bet she is considered the seasonal "it girl" among the other three.
Post a Comment