Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The summer of 2010

It has been a long hard summer and as I thought about this blog entry I was focusing on much of what happened and it wasn’t all good. It has been a tough one for me, some of my family members and dear neighbors. But I get depressed focusing on that stuff so instead I will seek the good things and remember them.

Number one on my list is – I didn’t die when I fell off the ladder! That’s a good thing right? Right!

AM came to visit for 10 days or so to help out and then just came again last week to bring Joseph to school. This time she brought “Mike” with her! Sue calls me everyday! John and Brooklyn came to help make apricot jam and we canned cherries as well. Cori makes delicious dinners constantly. Ali is marrying a good guy and is happy. Sherry danced across the floor the other night. Sarah and Dave moved into a beautiful house. Ada Lillian joined the family making George and Cyndy grandparents again!!!! Stella gave us kisses. Jordon graduated. Lauren started Law School. Ian was baptized. Buddy came to visit and needs to come again and bring his parents. Our peach tree was so full of peaches a large branch broke off. (Next year I hope to “thin” a little better) Parker’s arm is ok now that the cast is off and Ruby doesn’t cry and shake her head “no” every time she sees me. . Kate came to visit and also got a new job! The guest rooms usually stay full. Sundays are delightful and busy. Gram is well.

Wow this list could go on and on and it is only things that happened this summer. I am very lucky and blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woah! This has definitely been a crazy summer for you! I love you!

williamsfam5 said...

And your niece Emily adores you and thinks you are the best!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley C. said...

you are amazing. dang that ladder. glad you are mending. love you!!