gram and i were on our daily drive, it was late in the afternoon and the news was playing on the radio. i must admit i was kind of in that driving mode trance, mind wandering etc when a news story caught my attention. "night owls vs morning people - who's smarter?". turns out studies show that night owls tend to have higher IQ's than early birds. (just google it)needless to say i felt rather vindicated after years of scoffs and scorns and even, "gasp" those raised eyebrows when a new acquaintance learned of my normal bedtime (usually around 3am). it should be noted however that not all early birds treat us night owls with the same disdain. you see my neighbors have appreciated the hansen and connors households because we act as a type of neighborhood watch during the dark hours.
so i was driving along, feeling pretty good about myself and the family genes, until the announcer went on to say that on the downside, people who stay up late, although they have a higher IQ's, tend to be more emotionally unstable and are more likely to have problems with addictions and eating disorders. hmmm...yup...that fits. i'm addicted to spending late hours on the computer and well it's obvious my eating habits are not the best. oh well - guess you can't have it all!
7 comments:
I'll take the high IQ and 'eating disorder'. What can I say, food is amazing!! haha. You know I'm a night owl too, and I have to admit I've spent my entire life feelings some sort of guilt about it. I wonder if I'll ever embrace it? Maybe this post will help! (ps. in a few short weeks i'll have a good excuse for staying up all hours of the night anyway... phew) haha! love you libb!
let's hear it for the night owls!
how else would i get anything done?? seriously?
he he he. this is funny. :)
love you.
That report fits right in with our whole family. It should have mentioned slightly ADD and OCD behaviors too. Then it would have been the absolute perfect description. Our family is the best!
funny funny....
Yawn.
Got any shrimp? :)
I always wanted to be smarter. That explains it.
Post a Comment